We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team in this unique opportunity within a high growth digital healthcare startup.
With rapid growth continuing for our first two brands Youly and Stagger off the back of closing a $4m seed round in November with nib.com.au, Midnight Health is close to finalising our Series A and are looking to continue the expansion of our digital healthcare offering through new brands, treatments and healthcare services. Our mission is to develop a connected healthcare ecosystem that consolidates the fragmented industry, improves accessibility to care and enhances the patient experience and health outcomes. It’s an exciting and meaningful journey that requires great people and we’re looking for passionate individuals to join us as we move into our next stage of growth.
As our founding Finance team member, we are looking for someone who is eager to build a first class function from the ground up. You will be provided the autonomy, resources and time to enable you to thrive, and in return we ask for initiative, critical thinking and patience whilst you bring structure to what is ultimately an early stage scale-up.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Finance function, as well as implementing the strategy and direction of our finance department. In addition, the role will identify and implement systems, policies and processes to improve financial monitoring, accountability and growth across the business.
It will be imperative that you have the skills and experience necessary to implement the processes and procedures required for our business to run efficiently and effectively as we continue to deploy capital raised from external investors. This is not only limited to budget tracking and forecasting, but also working directly with our teams across data, technology, product, marketing and medical to identify areas for optimising and improving the business to ensure sustainability, long term profitability and areas for improvement.
- Identify new metrics to drive business performance relative to strategic priorities while minimising risk.
- Drive value within the business through margin enhancement, lowering costs and driving operational efficiencies.
- Execute accurate reporting, comparative analysis and financial recommendations.
- Provide insight into business performance against competitor and industry trends.
- Manage relationships with accountants, auditors, and tax authorities.
- Ensure accurate forecasting, measurement and reporting against business goals as we deploy multiple capital raises over the coming years.
- Coordinate the strategic financial planning and forecasting processes; including expenses, income, insurance coverage, objectives, tax status, risk tolerance, and other elements required to build a strategy.
- Focus on all daily and month-end accounting procedures for the account results, including P&L activity, balance sheet activity; accounts receivable /cash application in compliance with best practice.
- Support the broader team in the development of ongoing performance tracking and measurement, as well as providing comparatives to budget, and recommendations for corrective actions where necessary.
- Provide insight on spending trends and cost-savings initiatives and margin opportunities.
- Establish the systems and processes necessary to enable the business to continue scaling, whilst remaining financially judicious.
- Develop standards in systems and tools for distribution and monitoring of budgets and expenditure where necessary.
- Establish a standard across the business for forecasting, budgeting and reporting.
Work and Culture:
Having a great culture is something that we value highly at Midnight Health and as a result, have developed a number of great initiatives for our team. We enjoy an autonomous and accountable culture through our Work Your Way initiative and provide the flexibility to determine how to best deliver the outcomes that drive our business growth and profitability.
Other initiatives include our Midnight Muster, a quarterly event for the whole team to escape the office and enjoy an activity together, and Wellness Week, an extra week of leave in September each year where you can take some time away from your desk to look after your physical and mental health.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- University qualification in commerce or accounting.
- 4+ years of financial or accounting experience.
- Experience managing budgets, forecasts and preparing financial statements.
- Demonstrated experience in managing an organisation’s accounting, tax and statutory compliance requirements.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software and MS Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated experience of working collaboratively and influencing across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
Bonus Points for:
- Healthcare experience.
- Experience working in a start-up environment or during a period of significant change/growth.
- CA/CPA qualified.
Come Help Us Change Australian Healthcare
Our goal is to be Australia’s leading digital healthcare platform and we need you!