With rapid growth continuing for our first two brands Youly and Stagger off the back of closing a $4m seed round in November with nib.com.au, Midnight Health is close to finalising our Series A and are looking to continue the expansion of our digital healthcare offering through new brands, treatments and healthcare services. Our mission is to develop a connected healthcare ecosystem that consolidates the fragmented industry, improves accessibility to care and enhances the patient experience and health outcomes. It’s an exciting and meaningful journey that requires great people and we’re looking for passionate individuals to join us as we move into our next stage of growth.
As our founding People & Culture team member, we are looking for someone who is eager to build a first class function from the ground up. You will be provided the autonomy, resources and time to enable you to thrive, and in return we ask for initiative, critical thinking and patience whilst you bring structure to what is ultimately an early stage scale-up.
Through our next stage of growth, we are looking to recruit exceptional candidates into our business and therefore, you will leverage your previous experience to recruit and attract talent wherever possible without the need for external recruitment agencies.
Rapid growth brings a number of organisational challenges, and we want to ensure that as we scale we don’t lose the culture and employee experience that has made us successful to date. We are seeking an experienced People & Culture Manager to ensure that our human resources programs and initiatives are effective, efficient, aligned to overall business objectives and most importantly, serve the wellbeing of our team.
Key Role Objectives:
- Build and maintain a recruitment flywheel that helps us gain access to best in market talent across technology, marketing, product, data and medical.
- Build on our unique business culture, and help ensure we retain (and improve) it as we scale.
- Help define an organisational structure that drives productivity and maximises employee satisfaction.
- Developing systems, processes and tools to help us create continuous feedback loops and gauge employee sentiment.
- Developing effective coordination and communication within the organisation by developing systems and processes to assist employees and managers to thrive in their roles.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, outreaching to candidates and managing the hiring process.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Provide counselling on policies and procedures.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Supporting strategic objectives.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Managing staff wellness and performance reviews.
- Motivating and supporting current staff.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Handling employee benefits.
- Designing and directing training programs.
- Introduce and maintain initiatives to build a great culture and enjoyable workplace.
Work and Culture:
Having a great culture is something that we value highly at Midnight Health and as a result, have developed a number of great initiatives for our team. We enjoy an autonomous and accountable culture through our Work Your Way initiative and provide the flexibility to determine how to best deliver the outcomes that drive our business growth and profitability.
Other initiatives include our Midnight Muster, a quarterly event for the whole team to escape the office and enjoy an activity together, and Wellness Week, an extra week of leave in September each year where you can take some time away from your desk to look after your physical and mental health.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years experience in similar roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Strong people skills.
- Knowledge of labour laws and regulations.
- Experience utilising specific tools to monitor, report and improve employee satisfaction across key metrics.
Bonus Points for:
- Healthcare experience.
- Experience working in a start-up environment or during a period of significant change/growth.