After recently closing a $4mil funding round from nib due to the success of our first two brands Youly and Stagger, we are looking to continue the expansion of our digital healthcare offering through new brands, treatments and services. Over the coming years, Midnight Health will become one of the leaders in our society’s transition to patient-led healthcare through digital technology. We believe that great people are the first step to achieving our goal and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey to create a better tomorrow.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join our team in a role focused on both the development of our consumer brands as well as the integration of new services through various healthcare providers. You will be focused on delivering the best patient experience that we can while deploying new initiatives at a rapid pace.
You will also be capable of taking our new partnerships across various healthcare sectors and identifying the requirements to integrate them into the Midnight Health platform. As we look to integrate functionality such as online bookings, telehealth, report generation, treatment delivery and personalised healthcare recommendations across a large number of sectors, you will have great problem solving skills and technical acumen to meet these demands.
In collaboration with the rest of our engineering team, you will be responsible for determining the best approach to our architecture and be competent in developing and implementing processes and procedures for improved workflow, documentation and security.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, testing and maintain code which facilitates our digital healthcare platform
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality, reliable code
- Ensuring our software is stable, secure, resilient and documented
- Developing features to enhance the user experience
- Ensuring web and application design is optimised for varying device types
- Ensuring web and application design is optimised for maximum speed and scalability
- Working with our product, marketing and patient support teams to establish and deliver on business requirements
- Understanding and developing the requirements for integrating new technology partners across various healthcare sectors
- Contributing to and developing the overall system architecture
- Developing and implementing measures for enhanced security of system and patient data
- Work with Data & Insights team to develop business reporting functions
Work and Culture:
- Work Your Way
While some roles may require availability at specific times (eg. patient support), we offer a flexible environment and ability to work remotely as required/desired to build a schedule that allows you to deliver the best outcome for your role.
- Wellness Week
Once a year we all take a Wellness Week to refresh from our fast-paced journey and have some much needed time to look after our physical and mental health. This is a bonus on top of your standard leave entitlements.
- Midnight Muster
Every quarter we take a Friday afternoon off for some team bonding and a chance to have a bit of fun. We head out for activities like bowling, mini golf or a trip to the arcade!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- University education or similar experience
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role with strong portfolio showing front end development capabilities
- Thorough understanding of Data structures, APIs and web infrastructure
- Broad knowledge of Cloud (AWS) concepts, services and cloud architecture best practices
- Advanced Python back end development experience with knowledge of the Django web framework
- Experience and knowledge in data security
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work autonomously and within a diverse team environment