With rapid growth continuing for our first two brands Youly and Stagger off the back of closing a $4m seed round in November with nib.com.au, Midnight Health is close to finalising our Series A and are looking to continue the expansion of our digital healthcare offering through new brands, treatments and healthcare services. Our mission is to develop a connected healthcare ecosystem that consolidates the fragmented industry, improves accessibility to care and enhances the patient experience and health outcomes. It’s an exciting and meaningful journey that requires great people and we’re looking for passionate individuals to join us as we move into our next stage of growth.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join our team in a role focused on both the development of our consumer brands as well as the integration of new services through various healthcare providers. You will be focused on delivering the best patient experience that we can while deploying new initiatives at a rapid pace.
Using your prior experience with Python, Django, Postgres and Docker, you will be capable of bringing to life the designs and concepts created by our patient support, marketing and medical teams. A good understanding of modern cloud and mobile first development with security and service design at the core is important.
In collaboration with the rest of our engineering team, you will be responsible for determining the best approach to our architecture and be competent in developing and implementing processes and procedures for improved workflow, documentation and security.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, testing and maintain code which facilitates our digital healthcare platform
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality, reliable code
- Ensuring our software is stable, secure, resilient and documented
- Developing features to enhance the user experience
- Ensuring web and application design is optimised for varying browsers and device types
- Ensuring web and application design is optimised for maximum speed and scalability
- Working with our product, marketing and patient support teams to establish and deliver on business requirements
- Understanding and developing the requirements for integrating new technology partners across various healthcare sectors
- Contributing to and developing the overall system architecture
- Developing and implementing measures for enhanced security of system and patient data
- Work with Data & Insights team to develop business reporting functions
Work and Culture:
When it comes to flexibility and culture, we wouldn’t be a cool tech startup without allowing our team to work the way they want. We enjoy an autonomous and accountable culture where you determine how to do your best work to deliver the outcomes that drive our business growth and profitability. We embed strong continuous integration and delivery practices to enable multiple production deployments daily.
Other initiatives include our Midnight Muster, a quarterly event for the whole team to escape the office and enjoy an activity together, and Wellness Week, an extra week of leave in September each year where you can take some time away from your desk to look after your physical and mental health.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- University education or similar experience
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role with strong delivery experience
- Previous experience in working with Python, Django, Postgres and RESTful api’s
- Thorough understanding of Data structures, classes, APIs and web apps
- Broad knowledge of Cloud (AWS) concepts, services and cloud architecture best practices
- Experience and knowledge in Authentication and Authorisation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work autonomously and within a diverse team environment
- Good communication skills